One of the best ways to prolong the lifespan of your heavy-duty equipment is by using lubricating grease regularly. More often than not, lack of lubrication is what sends equipment in for service.
If you are looking for a good grease for your machinery, then you’ve probably heard about lithium grease. In this article, we’re going to explain what lithium grease is, what it’s good for, and why you need it.
What Is Lithium Grease
Lubricating grease contains three key ingredients: oil, thicker, and additives. The oil is the element that gives the product its lubricating properties. The thicker determines the physical characteristics of the grease while the additives can enrich the product’s properties. Lithium is a type of thickener that provides structure to the oil, holding it in place. Unlike other types of greases, White Lithium Grease comes in a liquid or aerosol form, making it easier and more convenient to use.
One of the things that make lithium grease such a popular option across various industries is that it’s multi-purpose. It has high temperature and water resistance. It can also sustain extreme pressures, making it suitable for a wide variety of jobs.
What Makes Lithium Grease So Effective
Lithium grease is one of the most commonly used lubricating greases in the world and that’s mostly because of its multi-purpose properties.
- It Offers Excellent Adhesion: Lithium grease has outstanding adhesion, cutting down the time you need to spend lubricating your equipment.
- It’s Suitable for Heavy-Load Bearings: Due to its properties, lithium grease doesn’t break under heavy loads and continues to do its job even under extreme pressures.
- It’s Non-Corrosive: Lithium grease doesn’t corrode the parts and joints where it’s applied to.
- Great Heat and Water Resistance: Lithium grease can withstand temperatures as high as 200 degrees Celsius. Keep in mind, though, that the recommended upper limit is 120 degrees Celsius. Lithium grease also has better water resistance as compared to other sodium-based greases. That means that lithium grease resists better to water washing and absorption.
What Is Lithium Grease Good for?
Due to its multi-purpose properties, lithium grease is suitable for a wide range of lubricating jobs. You can use lithium grease for:
- Heat lubrication
- Lubricating bearings and bearing units
- Battery terminals publication
- Latches lubrication
- Door hinges and locks lubrication
- And so on.
Are You Looking for High-Quality Lubricating Grease?
Are you looking for a reliable source that can offer you high-quality lithium grease? You can find it at Bisley International. We have serviced the grease industry for over 30 years and have the right expertise in re-packing and storing these lithium-based products properly.
Check our list of Grease & Lubricant Additive products here and get in touch with us if you have any questions.